Union of Veterans’ Affairs Employees (UVAE) Scholarship: Summary of Procedures
Completion of Application Forms
- Applicants must complete scholarship applications for submission to Local Presidents or to the UVAE National Office
- Scholarship applications must be accompanied by a letter from the applicant, as detailed in Note 4
In addition to the Application Form and letter, the following documents are to be provided by the applicant when they become available:
- A certified true copy of the applicant’s high school final examination results (see Note 5)
- A copy of the applicant’s letter of acceptance to a Canadian University or a Provincial School of Technology (see Note 6)
Submission of Applications and Supporting Documentation
- All Application Forms are to be received at the UVAE National Office no later than [date].
- Completed application forms should be forwarded as soon as they are completed to avoid any questions of late submissions.
- Supporting documents shall be forwarded to the UVAE National Office as soon as they become available but no later than [date] to avoid any questions of late submissions.
National Selection Committee Consideration
- A National Selection Committee consisting of no fewer than three (3) members of the National Executive will be appointed by the National President of the Union of Veterans’ Affairs Employees.
- The National Selection Committee will meet at a time and place coordinated by the UVAE National Office.
- All information received from applicants will be documented and made available for the National Selection Committees consideration and selection of the successful applicants.
- The successful scholarship recipients and all scholarship applicants will be formally advised of the National Selection Committee’s decision.
- Suitable arrangements for the presentation of the scholarship will be made by the UVAE National Office.
- Following the scholarship presentations, the winner’s names and photographs will be published on the UVAE Website.
- There are six (6) $500.00 (five hundred dollar) scholarships to be awarded each year across Canada.
- The scholarship is awarded based on scholastic results throughout high school.
- The Scholarship application must be received no later than [date] to the UVAE National Office either via mail or via fax at 613-237-8282.
- Your application must be accompanied by a letter providing the following details:
- your extra-circular actives, both in and out of school
- any further information you feel would be of interest to the Scholarship Selection Committee
- You must arrange to have a Certified True Copy of your High School final examination results forwarded as soon as they are available. Your marks must be forwarded to:
Union of Veterans Affairs Employees
703-233 Gilmour Street
- You must also forward a copy of your letter of acceptance to a Canadian University or Provincial School of Technology.
- This scholarship award is limited to applicants entering a Canadian University or a Provincial School of Technology as FIRST YEAR students.