Union of Veterans’ Affairs Employees (UVAE) Scholarship: Summary of Procedures
2021 applications by email only
UVAE members must be in good standing.
All members in good standing or Children of members in good standing going to College/University/Trade School are eligible to apply for 1 (one) of the 5 (five) scholarships up to a maximum of $1000 (one-thousand).
Please note that the UVAE member may attend school on a part-time or full-time basis and be in any field of study. If applicants are in part-time studies, the scholarship will be awarded up to a maximum of $500.00.
Supporting Documents Required for full Application of a UVAE 2021 Scholarship
Copy of Transcript (Children of members only)
Letter of Acceptance
List of Extra Curricular Activities
List of all Volunteer Activities
Essay (500-800 words) – based on Topic for year (Topic selected by NEO)
List of Union involvement
Deadline for Applications – August 1, 2021
Submission of Applications and Supporting Documentation
• All Application Forms are to be received at the UVAE National Office no later than August 1, 2021.
• Completed application forms and supporting documents shall be forwarded to the UVAE National Office as soon as they are completed but no later than August 1, 2021 to avoid any questions of late submissions.
- Completed application form with all relevant information;
- A 500 – 800 word essay on the topic chosen by the UVAE for the current year.
- UVAE 2021/2022 Scholarship(s) Essay Question: Union Activism: How to better engage our Membership in the 21st Centrury?
- Proof of registration with the name of the university, college or institute of higher learning.
- Proof of registration payment
- A transcript of most current academic standing (children of members).
• Attendance will be verified before granting of the award(s). Recipients must attend school during the academic year (Fall 2021 to Summer 2022) or it will default to another applicant.
• Recipients will be asked to provide their Social Insurance Number (S.I.N.) in order to receive the scholarship.
The UVAE reserves the right to withhold the granting of an award if no applicant is deemed to possess the necessary requirements, or for other valid reasons. All submissions become the property of the UVAE.
Completed applications must be emailed, or mailed to:
Union of Veterans’ Affairs Employees
Attn: Scholarship Committee
233 Gilmour Street, Suite 703
Ottawa, Ontario K2P OP2
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time Student versus Full-Time Student:
Full-time is considered a minimum of 12 (twelve) credits.
Part-time is considered between 6 (six) and 11 (eleven) credits. I.e., Evening/weekend classes or courses taken by correspondence. Devoting a majority of their time to other activities such as employment.
The member may attend a College, University or Trade School as long as it is an accredited education learning facility. No applicant will be awarded a scholarship more than once.
Applications by UVAE members in good standing are not restricted to first-year students.
Applications from children of UVAE members in good standing are restricted to first-year students only. No applicant will be awarded a scholarship more than once.
National Selection Committee Consideration
- A National Selection Committee consisting of no fewer than three (3) members of the National Executive will be appointed by the National President of the Union of Veterans’ Affairs Employees.
- The National Selection Committee will meet at a time and place coordinated by the UVAE National Office.
- All information received from applicants will be documented and made available for the National Selection Committees consideration and selection of the successful applicants.
- The successful scholarship recipients and all scholarship applicants will be formally advised of the National Selection Committee’s decision.
- Suitable arrangements for the presentation of the scholarship will be made by the UVAE National Office.
- Following the scholarship presentations, the winner’s names and photographs will be published on the UVAE Website.
The future of website creation is here.
With Genesis and Atomic blocks, you can build beautiful, powerful websites in minutes with our robust theme framework and professionally-designed sections and layouts