RE: CONVENTION RESOLUTIONS
UVAE Convention Bulletin No. 2 was the formal input call for resolutions to be considered at the Eighteenth UVAE Convention to be held in Ottawa, Ontario from October 5-7, 2020.
CONVENTION RESOLUTION FORM
1. A Component form [UVAE CONV. 1, copies attached] are being issued to you in quantity to be made available to the members for preparation and presentation of Local Convention Resolutions.
2. The membership should be advised of the requirement that each of the following sections of the form be fully completed :
A) Subject Matter
A simple identity, e.g.,
(i) By-Law Amendment
(ii) Superannuation Entitlement Change
The reason for the Resolution, e.g.,
(i) Why the By-Law needs amendment
(ii) Requirement and/or substantiation for change in superannuation entitlement.
NB: Where appropriate, material that supports the reason should be attached.
C) Be it resolved
Clearly state the aim to be achieved by the Resolution.
LOCAL RESOLUTION INPUT CERTIFICATE
3. Resolution certificates [UVAE CONV. 2,] are also being provided to you for completion by Local Officers. This form is to accompany approved Local Resolutions submitted as Convention input.
4. Resolutions received and not accompanied by the certificate will be returned, in total, to the Local of origin for resubmission with the certificate to verify the approval of the Local. Minutes of a General Meeting dealing with Convention resolutions must be submitted to the National Office along with the resolution certificate forms.
5. Should there be more than one submission of resolutions by a Local, a certificate must be completed each time duly-approved resolutions are forwarded.
Virginia Vaillancourt, National President